It was great meeting John Lockwood of Enfield wines at the really charming & wonderful Vintage Berkeley wine store. Dan runs a great operation and getting John was a really cool.
First heard of Enfield wines on the IDTT Podcast where John told some really funny stories about guitars and syrah. Then I read about the wines in the New California Wine and then after going up to Wild Horse Valley. This is one of those times when I was really ok to make an exception to buy wine from a winemaker who does not work the vineyards.
- 2014 Enfield Wine Co Citrine Chardonnay California
- 2013 Enfield Wine Co Heron Lake Vineyard Chardonnay Wild Horse Valley AVA
- 2013 Enfield Wine Co Heron Lake Vineyard Chardonnay on Sazas Wild Horse Valley AVA
- 2014 Enfield Wine Co Pretty Horses Tempranillo California
- 2014 Enfield Wine Co Antle Vineyard Pinot Noir Chalone
- 2012 Enfield Wine Co Haynes Vineyard Syrah Coombsville
- 2012 Enfield Wine Co Cabernet Sauvignon Fort-Ross Seaview AVA
The chardonnay’s were really good but the standout was the Syrah. The experience at the store I think did a lot to uplift the taste. Beautiful neighborhood; classy yet homely store; sunset hour; a few friendly folks standing by and the winemaker giving all the credit to the great work done in the vineyard and the soil itself.